Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A life without gluten

I started implementing a gluten free diet sometime in November of last year, but it wasn't until late December when I realized I was on the right track. My sister had gotten me Elisabeth Hasslebeck's book, The G Free Diet, for Christmas, and I read it in about two days. As I was reading her story about having celiac disease (gluten intolerance), it was like me telling my own story. I could relate to so many things and I felt like I wasn't alone in my journey. Sometime later I shared this book with my neighbor for her husband to read. He too had the same story and came to the same conclusion. Since then we have been able to share our ideas, GF recipes, and new GF products. My neighbor started a blog, We Being G-Free, to chronicle their family's journey into a life without gluten. For any of you out there that are gluten intolerant or know someone that is you may enjoy following their story. With 1 in 133 people in the United States having celiac disease, its nice to share the information.



No comments:

Post a Comment