Monday, March 1, 2010

Nutrition & the Skin Part I

Nutrition is so vital to having good skin and there's so much to talk about that I'll break it into a few parts. I'll first explain to you my journey with eating healthy. After having stomach issues for a couple years, I found out I had celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and I had lactose intolerance. I had to totally change the way I ate. Not only was I a lover of bread but I had a major sweeth tooth. All that was suddenly taken away and I had to learn to eat differently.
I cut out all bread, refined sugars, and all dairy. I began eating more fruits and vegetables and different grains like quinoa and buckwheat. I stopped drinking coffee and switched completely to green tea.
I have been on this new way of eating for about four months now. Just this past week I have noticed a complete change in my skin. For as long as I can remember, my face would always be red and slightly blotchy. I would always need a foundation to even out my skin tone. Now all of the redness is gone and my skin has a glow to it.
My new way of eating has completely changed my skin. Now I can see why and how it can really effect your body. And now I can teach my clients why proper nutrition is good for the skin and how it may solve some of their skin problems. Its true that we need to heal things from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment